Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Three Stooges on Hulu

I admit — when I first heard about Hulu last year, I was very skeptical. I didn't think Universal and News Corp. would be able to deliver Internet video without saturating it with commercials or laying on a ton of restrictions. I was wrong. Since it's launch, I've become a huge Hulu fan. It's still not enough to make me ditch cable, but I check the site pretty much every day now. So last week I was psyched when I saw they added episodes of The Three Stooges (it's a mix of episodes and clips).

As a kid I actually hated the Three Stooges 'cause TBS would interrupt my Tom & Jerry cartoons just to air an old Stooge episode. My dad on the other hand was a Three Stooges fan and I remember sitting through a few of those black & white episodes with my dad until I eventually grew to like them. I'm ridiculously picky when it comes to comedy (I think every "comedy" made by Hollywood sucks), but I always manage to chuckle when watching the Stooges. Major props to Hulu for bringing The Three Stooges into the Internet age. Add the Marx Bros.' "A Night at the Opera" and I'll be one happy viewer.

No comments: