Monday, September 1, 2008

Battle of the App Stores

So it's been a little over a month since Apple launched their App Store and I'm still not that big a fan of it. My biggest gripe is that a lot of the apps are still overpriced and they're really not all that innovative (altho there are a few that are). So I find it kinda interesting that both Microsoft and Google have announced app stores of their own for their respective phones.

Microsoft will call theirs Skymarket (not to be confused with SkyMall) and it'll be a part of Windows Mobile 7 when that comes out in 2009.

Google on the other hand will launch the Android Market later this year when their Android phones come out. It'll be interesting to compare the three when they're all out, tho I admit that I'm personally looking forward to Google's store.

No comments: