Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Loot

Black Friday and Cyber Monday are finally over. And while I bought a few things, I didn't really buy any of the stuff on my Xmas list. I bailed on the iMac. MacMall's sale was awesome (hands down the best Apple sale I saw), but in the end the fact that the 27" iMac can't push a 30" LCD killed the deal for me. (I have a 30" Dell that I wanted to pair with the iMac.) That and the fact that even on sale the iMac was still $2,000 turned me off! But here's what I did buy (all deals are dead now):

*On Cyber Monday I got some PBS DVDs I've been wanting to buy from the Shop PBS Sale. 30% off + free shipping. My DVD (Latin Music USA — a documentary on Latin jazz) came out to $23 (from $40).

*Also on Cyber Monday I got two bottles of Quinta Da Cortezia Touriga Nacional wine. Excellent and very cheap Portuguese wine. Free shipping from Wine Library.

*Subscription to National Geographic for $10.

*APC Back-UPS Green UPS Battery Backup from Staples for $20 (more than 50% off).

*12-month Xbox Live Gold Card for $30 from Buy.com.

I wish I had jumped on the Scribblenauts deal, but hopefully it'll come around again. Still more shopping to do. Esp since everything I bought was for me!

No comments: