Wednesday, February 10, 2010

NES Flashback


Wednesday is going to be a non-stop snow-fest here in New York City with up to 18" of snow expected to fall when all is said and done. Back when I was in elementary school that meant one thing. Snow day! Which in turn meant 24 hours (or as many hours as my parents would allow) of non-stop NES games.

Unfortunately, adults don't have snow days, but that doesn't mean we can't reminisce! I stumbled upon this video on YouTube the other day. I was a huge Wizards & Warriors fan as a kid and I'm proud to say I beat both games (I also beat the GameBoy version, Fortress of Fear). To this day, I think Ironsword (Wizards & Warriors II) had the best music of any NES game I ever owned. Closely tied with Ninja Gaiden II (I still get goosebumps watching that intro!)

So here's to the snow days of the 1980s and 1990s. Now those were games.

No comments: