Wednesday, October 7, 2009

iPod touch denied

My iPod touch is old. I noticed this last night when I went to install a new app and it required an iPod touch 2nd generation. Why? I have no clue. But it made me realize that Apple has turned the iPod into a computer. Give it a year and you'll need to buy a new one just so you can run the "latest apps." This annoys me. The last think I wanna do is upgrade my MP3 player every year. The app in question is the new Univision Movil app (iTunes link). I'm not a big fan of Univision (most of their programming is trash IMO), but I was curious to see how their app would compare to CBS's app and if I'd be able to get soccer updates and Univision's International newscast (which I do watch from time to time) via the app. But unfortunately I didn't get to try it out 'cause it simply wouldn't install. Don't get me wrong, I love my iPod touch. But it sucks that new apps will now come with "system requirements."

No comments: