Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Pine Trail

So the next-gen Intel Atom processor finally made its debut. The new 1.66GHz Atom N450, which replaces the ubiquitous N270 and N280, is making its way inside next-gen Dell Minis, MSI Wind laptops, HP Mini 210s, and of course it's made its way into the new Asus Eee PC 1005PE.

I didn't buy a netbook over the holidays so I'm tempted to get this, especially with the amazing 10+ hour battery life that the 1005PE is now clocking, but I'm still a bit underwhelmed by the rest of the Asus' specs. Aside from the awesome battery life, here's what CNET said:

"Beyond that, the 1005PE eschews most of the recent trends in Netbook design, sticking with a 10-inch 1,024x600 pixel display, 1GB of RAM, and Windows 7 Starter."

1024x600?? Seriously?! So it's the same old meh with a new processor. I'm thinking if I should just wait for the next MacBook Air to come out and get a refurb Air. All I want is a nice, super light, ultraportable laptop that lets me stream Netflix.

No comments: