Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Xmas Loot

Christmas is over and I gotta say, I got some pretty cool gifts this year. Here's what I got!

Garmin Forerunner 405 Heart Rate Monitor
I've been wanting a heart rate monitor for a good while now so this Xmas my g/f got me the Garmin 405. I plan on using it every time I run, which is about 2x to 3x week. So far I've used it 3x. I love it! The target heart rate for my age is 185. I can hit 177, but I avg 164 during a workout. (I'm totally into the whole heart rate thing as you can see.) The watch itself has an insane amount features, so if you're a technophobe, this isn't for you. To be honest, I still find it a bit overwhelming, and that says a lot. But I think that'll pass once I get comfortable with all of the watch's features. So far, I love it.


iRobot Roomba 500 Series
I've been curious about the Roomba for awhile now, so for Xmas Santa (aka my parents) got me a Roomba 500 Series vacuum. (Maybe they're trying to give me a hint re: my apt's cleanliness or lackthereof?) I've only used it once so far, but it's pretty cool and does a damn good job cleaning up. This one works on carpets, tile, and hardwood floors. It's a lot quieter than my Dirt Devil and it moves pretty fast. I don't have a large apt, but aside from a few pieces of furniture, there isn't much for the Roomba to bump into, so it actually works with my space. I haven't done a "full" cleaning yet so I don't know how long the Roomba can go for (I think it claims 40 minutes).

Overall, I'm psyched about my new toys. They're both pretty tech-heavy, which I was surprised about. I guess I'm not used to receiving gadgets as gifts, but I certainly don't mind!!

No comments: