Thursday, March 25, 2010

3D Bundle

The 3D push was in full effect here at dealnews yesterday. We listed this Samsung 3D bundle, which included a Samsung 55" 240Hz 1080p Widescreen 3D-Ready LED-backlit LCD HD Television, model no. UN55C8000, Samsung 3D Blu-ray Disc Player, model no. BD-C6900, and Samsung 3D Starter Kit, model no. SSG-P2100T. All for ::drumroll:: $3,208.

In the grand scheme of things, that is crazy expensive, especially since you can get a 55" LCD TV for a lot less, but if you're dying for some 3D action, that's actually a very good price.

The price on 3D TVs has been falling very steadily. All this makes me wonder if they'll reach the price of current LED-backlit LCD TVs. If they do, I'd probably be tempted to by the newer (3D) model. Just for the sake of having the newer model. But I'm getting way ahead of myself. I doubt we'll see those kind of discounts on 3D TVs. Right?

No comments: