Friday, March 12, 2010

Game On

I used to be an awesome gamer. Ever since I got my first 8-bit Nintendo I was the type of kid that would spend days glued in front of his NES. (Which later became a SNES, N64, Xbox, then Xbox 360.) But after Halo 2, I kinda stopped playing. And then a few years ago I played a few rounds of Call of Duty 4 against some fellow dealnewsers (and some readers) and I got destroyed. Badly. Head shots, sniper shots, close up shots — I played as if I had never picked up an Xbox controller in my life.

That said, I've been wanting to get back into gaming, but haven't really been keeping track of the gaming scene. Last time I turned on my Xbox, I had to update the dashboard and create a profile. Not for nothing, but that garbage annoys me. I miss the days of my old, black Xbox where I'd pop a disc in and immediately start playing. I'm not fan of this "create your avatar" BS on today's consoles. Just let me play my game!

However, as I mentioned in this week's podcast I am psyched about Valve/Steam's new announcement that they will support Macs. New games on a Mac?! Years ago that was unheard of! But now it's coming and you can bet I'll be checking it out. My ultimate dream is that Bungie re-releases Marathon for the Mac. I will play that 24/7. (It's my favorite all-time game ever!) And in my opinion, the best FPS game ever too.

No comments: