Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Incoming Tablets

I'm not a fan of tablets. I think they're stupid and pointless (particularly because they don't serve a purpose like say a laptop, smartphone, or even a netbook does.) That said, I'm a little shocked by the fact that I really like Dell's forthcoming tablet, the Streak.

To be honest, I really didn't give it much attention when the "leaks" first started. But after reading Engadget's and Cnet's recent posts, I'm intrigued. Design-wise, it looks great. Some might argue 5" is too small, but this could easily replace my current 15" coffee table laptop, which I only use for Twitter and Gmail anyways. And if it's cheap enough (which I'm hoping it will be), I might even feel comfortable throwing this in my backpack and carrying it with me around town.

Dell said there'd be larger sizes, but I think 5" might do the trick. I'm a Mac person, so it's a little odd I'd prefer the Dell over the iPad, but to be honest, Apple (the company) is starting to annoy me. I like their products, but their smugness is starting to show and the fact that they're trying to sell a giant iPod touch as a "magical" device is annoying me. So as long as Dell doesn't screw up the pricing, I think I'm gonna buy this sucker.

Should be an interesting spring for tablets. Especially since we also have that HP tablet to talk about.

No comments: