Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Picks #11

Food, Inc.
This is one of those documentaries that will completely change the way you look at things. Prior to this film, I don't recall every paying attention to where the food I eat comes from or how it's processed, but after watching this docu I feel like I'll be asking those questions all the time. The docu takes an in-depth look at the few companies that dominate the food industry, how animals are treated (mistreated), and how said companies are raking in profits while U.S. farmer in debt. To be honest, it made me want to give up meat again.

Road to Guantanamo
This docu-drama is about three British detainees wrongly arrested for two years at Guantanamo Bay. It's extremely difficult to watch because they're tortured and beaten on a daily basis. (Even though they're innocent.) I felt the first few minutes of the film were a little confusing in that you don't quite know what's going on. But once they reach Guantanamo, the acting is so intense that you forget these scenes are re-enactments. I don't have much else to say about this film other than it's very disturbing and difficult to watch.

No comments: