Tuesday, March 9, 2010

3D Deals on the Horizon?

I am 100% absolutely against 3D TVs. That said, here's some interesting news.

Last month we posted our first 3D TV deal on dealnews. (I drafted a small chart demonstrating how expensive they were when compared to other LCD TVs.) Well, recently we posted another deal on the same 55" Samsung 3D TV. And guess what? The price dropped by $485, roughly 16%. Granted, the TV is still crazy expensive (about $2,485 w/ shipping), but that's a pretty damn big price drop. Especially since this TV was just announced at CES less than 3 months ago. And it's not even out yet!

I'm still anti-3D, but I think there's gonna be an interesting "3D TV price war" between Samsung, Panasonic, and Sony in the next coming weeks. How low will they drop? I have no clue. But show me a 55" Samsung 3D TV for $1,750 (which is the price we listed last month for a 55" LED-backlit Samsung) and we'll talk.

No comments: